Washington Township currently has two auditor vacancies. One is a four year term and one is a six year term.
Auditors are required to meet annually the day after the township’s organization meeting. Washington Township’s 2022 organization meeting will be held on Monday, January 3, 2022 which means the auditors must meet on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 to elect a chair and secretary before beginning their duties.
- Set compensation for elected supervisors working as employees.
- Audit real estate taxes collected by tax collector.
- Verify township treasurer’s bond and hold copy.
- Comply with Sunshine Act
- Comply with Ethics Act (statements of financial interest, avoid conflicts, etc.)
- Can’t hold other township positions.
- Can’t have financial interest in any township related transactions.
- Must be a registered voter and have lived in the township for at least one year.
If any Washington Township resident wishes to be considered for one of these positions, please contact Susan Satteson at 570-547-6893 or email email@example.com.
The supervisors will appoint these positions at the organization meeting on Monday, January 3, 2022.